Birdlife Melbourne Photography are a group of Birdlife Australia members from the Melbourne branch who love to go out to watch and photograph birds.
We usually go on outings on the third Saturday of each month with the occasional inhouse study night instead. If you would like to join us on an outing please give Peter Bennet on 9435 4249 or John Van Doorn 0419 647 188 a call.
All bird photographers are welcome, from beginners to expert.
Events planned for 2017 are:
- Saturday January 21, Banyule Flats/Wilson Reserve
- Saturday February 18, Phillip Island
- Saturday March 18, Jawbone, Newport Lakes
- Saturday April 22 (not 3rd Saturday to avoid Easter), Clarkesdale (possible campout),
- Saturday May 20, Bendigo South Side – Crusoe +/or Whipstick
- Saturday June 17, Sherbrooke/Birdsland
- Saturday July 15, Edithvale/Ricketts Point
- Saturday August 19, Mount Teneriffe
- Saturday September 16, Rise & Shine, Newstead
- Saturday October 21, Campout at Anglesea (changed from Marlo)
- Saturday November 18, Adams Creek Reserve and Stockyard Point, Lang Lang
- Thursday December 7, Dinner, Slide night and Breakup.
Our outings are also listed at in the Birdlife Melbourne activities calendar http://birdlifemelbourne.org.au/activities/.