Birdlife Melbourne Photography are a group of Birdlife Australia members from the Melbourne branch who love to go out to watch and photograph birds.
We usually go on outings on the third Saturday of each month with the occasional inhouse study night instead. If you would like to join us on an outing please give Peter Bennet on 0432 065 919 or John Van Doorn 0419 647 188 a call.
All bird photographers are welcome, from beginners to expert.
Events planned for 2021 (Subject to Covid-19) are:
- Saturday February 20, Pt Cook/Sanctuary Lakes
- Saturday March 20, Craigeburn/Yan Yean
- Saturday April 17, Wonthaggi/ South Gippsland
- Saturday May 15, Mullum Mullum/Bushy Park/Yarran Dheran etc
- Saturday June 19, Dandenong Valley Wetland (Rigbys)/Jells Park
- Saturday July 17, Plenty Gorge
- Thursday July 29, Lightroom evening
- Saturday August 21, Bellarine Peninsula
- Saturday September 18, Phillip Island
- Saturday/Sunday October 16-17, Wedderburn area weekend
- Saturday November 20, Western Treatment Plant
- Thursday December 9, Dinner and slide night
Note: The visit dates to Point Cook and Western Treatment Plant have been swapped due to Covid restrictions in February.
Our outings are also listed at in the Birdlife Melbourne activities calendar http://birdlifemelbourne.org.au/activities/.